الجمعة، 12 نوفمبر 2010

When a Kid Doesn’t Like His Toys Anymore



When I was a child, I loved to save some money my parents gave me to buy games such as video games and wireless stuff. Every waking hour I spent with my games. Some time I broke some of them just to find out how amazing the people who made them really are for making such materials so attractive to me. I still remember my mum’s voice when she was yelling at me to come and have my lunch. I also remember how much I was mean when I kept teasing her by telling her that her food was not good enough. Although I knew she would be sad by washing her face, I didn’t care and I just wanted to spend more time with my games


I had enjoyed doing that throughout all my childhood years until I turned thirteen years old. Ironically, at that time I could save money more than any time I’ve ever saved, I lost the feeling of enjoying my little games I used to buy before. I visited the same game store I had been before. I looked at the same walky-talky that I had ever dreamed to have one day; it became too childish for me. When I was moving around to find another thing that may suit my age, I watched some kids long to have my walky-talky and other toys; they even cried in front of their parents to try to get them. What was happening to me? Why didn’t I care anymore and find these games unattractive unlike before.Even though I would like to keep them, I just couldn’t have any fun sitting with them anymore … I didn’t know why!


That was hard for me. Eventually, I had started to feel panic that my life was going to be boring and I would have nothing to enjoy. When I returned from the game store, I couldn’t hide my disappointment from my older sister. She has always been like my mom, and she has always been the one whom I refer to when I feel annoyed because she has the wisdom and compassion that enables her to understand my feeling better than anyone else. She started to interrogate me immediately about my current situation. Even though I knew she perceived my feelings, I tried to deceive her and tell her I was okay. Under her insistence, I told her the whole story of how I was not interested anymore in one of the most exciting things I loved in this world. She started that specific smile that she always gives before replying to any solicitation of advice. Before I even responded, she continued that she had the same feeling when she was my age and that all would be okay and there was nothing that I needed to worry about. After spending an hour of talking with her, I started to get back my hope and my love of life again. She was trying to convince me that life was going to come up with a new enjoyment for me better than my toys. I don’t think I believed her at that time, but I did feel better


Obviously, enjoyment is an essential part of our life that we couldn’t live without, but the pleasure of each age is the thing that is changing. Life is not as boring as I had thought. In fact, it’s going to be crazier and more fun as much as I get older and have a lot of friends around me. However, I miss that feeling of sharing my toys with a kid I may meet coincidently and playing with him all day without worrying that he might stab me in the back later

ليست هناك تعليقات: